30 september 2009

Uut de Oud'n Doos (Aflevering 4)



I have the Flu.

And when you have the flu, you also have the need to do absolutely nothing for a week.So I'm currently doing all this "nothing" at my parents, wich is always interesting. Not only was I reunited with all my childhood toys, but also with a huge box of CD-Roms that i've forgotten about a long time ago. "Sort this out while your here" my mother commanded. "Its been in the way for ages." I looked at the box, and wonderd what spirits possessed me when I was 16. Not only was I a huge video game freak (who had to get a copy of every game that would come out) I also collected tons of movies and anime. The CDs in the box were part of my -once so glorious- collection . I rememberd having a special drawer with lock and all where i stored them away carefully - sorted out on theme and colour (No comment)

Today however, there seemed not much left of this love. With most cases broken and empty , I wished that I used to collect Records instead. They would atleast be nice to look at. While some Discs gave me a smile on my face (Oh my! MY favourite old Indiana Jones game!)More often they just seemed like riddles (What the fuck is"escaflowne20-26XOV"). And there also used to be a time that I couldnt afford a marker - wich results in tons of blank cds.

But not all of it was ready for the dump. I also found a CD with some of my very first Photo's on it. (Wich werent taken to long ago - my first year in Artschool at Utrecht). Next to a bunch of shots I took from food in the studio (wich are to cheesy/arty farty not to show) I also ....found my first staged photograph...EVER! (top image) Im suprised how close it is to the work I do now. Oeh and small nice detail: its me in the bathtub as well

Oh and here some studio freaking on fruit.





Geen opmerkingen:

visit my portfolio website here