18 november 2009

3 photos of Trees







Maybe It is becouse I drank to much Herbal tea recently - maybe not, but the inner hippie in me took over in the last couple of weeks. Apperently I love trees, since more than half of the shots I took with my last roll of film is of trees. It wasnt a concious choise, like most of the themes in my work these days, but It seems that my latest photos (half of them not even posted here) run strange paralel lines with some other people in my class (for example Medea's photos of charlerois) Atleast in a thematic way. (Nature vs. Human control)

But now, while typing this, i look out of the window - and see some of my favourite trees without leafs. They all of the sudden seem like an embarrassing and boring collection of branches. They look as dull as the weather. Not so interesting anymore actually. Maybe I'm not a real tree lover after all? Or is it becouse i've switched to coffee...? Anyway, it leaves me wondering what my own photographic voice is these days, especially with the eye on graduating this year.

Geen opmerkingen:

visit my portfolio website here