19 oktober 2009

Crete....

....is, i figured, a pleasant 25 degrees overall in October - wich make me feel a bit stupid that I only brought 1 short sleaved t-shirt and no Swimwear.

.... I have to borrow my fathers 30 year old trunks now everytime we go to the beach. I look like borat in it.

.... but who cares, the towns and beaches are deserted anyway. The season is over, and the recession seemed to have hit hard here in Crete.

.... In the most tourist towns, most business is still open - but the tourist are gone.

....Wich make Charlerois (see bellow) seem like a Happy and buzzing place compared to some towns here.

....And it also means that the only people you see here, are the people that were on the plain with you.

...Wich makes it really weird when they even seem to have the same schedule as you.

....first we went to the beach today, where I saw a family that we saw a couple of hours later in Knossos - an archeological site.

....and then again - after a couple of hours - on another beach.

...While they were each an hour away from each other.

...My sister still tries to pretend we are German, since she doesn't want to have any association with her home country this week.

... But she fails horrible, all the Germans are staying in another town. We are most defenitly in a dutch-tourist-nightmare town.

..Since the cafes here have names like "Het Hof van Holland" and "Het Leidseplein" with dutch flags everywhere - even all the restaurant menus are in Dutch.

....seriously, even Enschede feel smore exotic with all the Germans.

....and even the Moussaka at most restaurants taste like a microwaved meal from Albert Heijn.

....I'm glad the Ouzo that I had to flush it away with is authentic enough to make you believe your in greece.

....they just should stop playing Marco Borsato at the pool when I'm enjoying the magnificent view. Im pretty sure that will help a lot.

Sander is currently on holliday in Crete, Greece for a week. Who is looking for images should come back in a week or two. Ill promise you LOTS

1 opmerking:

sixohfour zei

"...My sister still tries to pretend we are German, since she doesn't want to have any association with her home country this week"

That one made me laugh out loud. Haha.

visit my portfolio website here