9 augustus 2009

Control how Google Googles you

For all my fellow Artistic friends who are afraid that "potential" art buyers, Commissioners or even just people who are remotely interested in you (love interests..or even parents - !) are gonna Google you, and will only find pictures of you being a drunk-lunatic - (accidentally) posted on Facebook (and so ending up on the first 20 hits of Google Search)....pray no more. The solution is here.

The solution is given by Google itself.
Who states that using their (new?) Profile Service gives you "control how you appear in Google by creating a personal profile (...) and people will see it on their results page when they do web searches for your name"

Very interesting, and also very smart for Google who can specify its adverts even more to everybody who just gives away its personal information. I haven't tried it yet (it looks a bit like stripped down Facebook) But I know that this blog turns up as hit number 7 if you Google my name instead of number 2 (number one must likely be my website that doesn't exsist yet) And i would love to get rid of my Old video, Facebook & Hyves hit...and my horrible qoute for ArtEZ how much I "LOVE" the AKI.

Leaves you wondering - just like the rest of the world these days - what Google is up to. Its new Book search is highly questioned in the media

I dont really care so far...as long as they hurry up finishing Google Chrome for MAC OSX....

Geen opmerkingen:

Blogarchief

visit my portfolio website here