28 april 2010

The Graduation Diary - Starting Soon

I've been organising an exhibtion in Amsterdam. I've been helping on somebodys graduation project. I've been writing (and still am - ha!) my end thesis. I've been traveling to many places. I've been partying. I've been at home reading books. I've been building fires on my roofterrace. I've been eating a lot of icecream. I've been hanging in the park. I've been making dinner for friends. I've been to many exhibitions and read many books on photography.And now, with less then 6 weeks left, I need to start thinking about my own graduation really fast.

Most people already have plans and end results for their final show. I don't.
Its been a strange couple of months, looking back from Januari till now. My attentionspan hasnt been on my own work for a while, just a lot of other randomn stuff. The stress slowly creeps up to me from behind my back, ready to strike me any time soon. But I'm also strangly confident and relaxed that everything will work out ok. I mean; i got photographs enough already. But on the other hand there is this nagging feeling that things are slipping out of my hands. It feels like im failing, i should have been working really hard already - making great artwork. Quite a contradiction!

But still, to make everything everything more official and exciting; ill be starting an graduation diary from tommorow. Ill share my process with you, allong with all my sorrows, ideas, sketches, frustrations, stress, happiness and whatever more - so you can all follow me on my last two months of artschool!..... damn. Time is going faaaaaast!

Geen opmerkingen:

visit my portfolio website here