16 juli 2009

The American Dream



It is kind of strange to be back again in the Netherlands. It took a couple of days to fully "adjust" - but after that - Vancouver and the States felt like a distant dream.
Sort of like the "American dream".....(or the "Canadian" one)

But there are some things that I just cant seem to get used too. Why are the cups of coffee so small here? And why do Euro's look like toy money? And why do I keep on reading the New York Times? (wich is published here as the "International Herald Tribune") Im trying to hold on to my North-american habbits - so I wont fall back in my old patterns. Atleast, that's what I'm (un)consciously hoping.

So now I'm planning to spend my days in front of my computer, scanning photographs, and drinking huge fucking late's - pretending that I need to gather some energy to go out and get some BC Rolls. Oh well - for as long the illusion will last then....

Geen opmerkingen:

visit my portfolio website here